Tuesday 7 January 2014

Putting Away

A few days ago I was feeling frustrated with my children. It seemed that as one thing was put away, seven others would appear. I felt like I wasn't making any progress!

Eli kept getting toys out (I know, why would a four year old want to get out toys to play with?!!), playing with them and then walking off to another spot in the house to repeat the process.

I decided to focus Eli on one particular spot where he had been playing with a train set he received for Christmas. My request was for him "to get all his toys off the green rug." Of course, my intention was for him to pick them up and put them away.

My clever four year old did what you see in the photo. He removed all his toys from the green rug. He even lined them up neatly.

What could I say? I thanked him and moved on to another child and another part of the house!





2 comments:

I love to read your comments and will always endeavour to reply. Thanks for visiting - I am truly delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...