Monday 28 January 2013

Cushion Cover Swap

I am participating in a cushion cover swap hosted by Sue, who is also the coordinator of Quilting Block Swaps Australia. This is a one off swap, though Sue will also be hosting a table runner swap in April (pop over to her blog and send her a message if you'd like to participate - international participants are welcome!).

My swap partner (it is done anonymously, so you don't know who is making the cushion cover that will be sent to you!) requested a cushion cover for the car in red and black. It took me quite a while to decide on the design for this cover, but I finally took inspiration from Sew, Mama, Sew! I hand stitched the binding on last night and it is ready to be mailed!

The photo isn't terribly flattering - I didn't have a cushion insert on hand so the cover is stuffed with two towels. Hopefully my cushion swap partner likes it!

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. It looks great! Your partner will love it for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very nice! Love the black and red together. I always do my pillows like that, with a little binding around the edge. Much easier than piping! Thanks for linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great!! Don't know what you were worried about!! Didn't notice it before, but love the pattern on the black fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the pattern on the black too. I thought it might soften the black a little, so that it didn't detract from the red focus fabrics. Such a terrible photo - I always take photos at night when the children are in bed, so they are always going to be very average!!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and will always endeavour to reply. Thanks for visiting - I am truly delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...