Monday 28 January 2013

Paper Pieced BOM

'Measure Twice' - January Block
Kristy over at Quiet Play is hosting a paper pieced (foundation pieced to some!) Block of the Month. It is a sewing themed BOM that began in January. Kristy generously provides each month's pattern free for use. At the end of each month the pattern is then listed for sale in her shop.

This month's block is called 'Measure Twice' and is 10" unfinished. This is a great way to try paper piecing if you have been considering it, as the BOM starts with the easier blocks and progresses to the more difficult ones.

I must thank Sally for generously providing me with the cotton tape that looks like a tape measure. Sally is very generous and has some great ideas and tutorials on her blog.

I didn't really give any overall thought to the fabrics used for the entire BOM; rather, I chose fabrics that I thought would work well together in this particular block (actually, I wanted to use my 'Pearl Bracelets fabric - second from bottom - and then chose fabrics to go with it!).

I guess I'm going with a pink and orange colour palette for the entire BOM!


And Sew On button








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and will always endeavour to reply. Thanks for visiting - I am truly delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...