Tuesday 29 January 2013

Block Swaps

It's been a while since I have updated my swap blocks. These are the blocks I have received over the last few months:

October - Jessisca

November - Isa



December - Janet (look at those cut little hippo buttons that Janet popped in!)



Jan 2013 - Ilse



Jan 2013 - Ilse

Ilse kindly made me two beautiful blocks! I have a lovely collection of blue and white star blocks - perhaps by the end of the year I can blog about a completed quilt!

These are the blocks I have sent:

Isa - Shoo Fly
Isa - Nine Patch

I made Isa two blocks for November, as they were simple blocks to put together. The funny thing is, I had a little trouble with the top left corner patch of the Nine Patch! I ripped it out and restitched it. Just goes to show that simple isn't always smooth sailing!!

Ohio Star for Janet (we swapped Ohio Stars that month!)

Anvil for Ilse



I also made an Arrowhead Puzzle block for Ilse, but have neglected to take a photo somehow!

Angel Block!
This is a terrible photo (the main fabric is actually a tone on tone white!), but I included it because I like it so much that I think I'll make a quilt using blocks like this. It is an angel block that was sent anonymously to someone whose block swap partner had not sent them a block. It reminds me of a quilt made by Amanda Jean from the book Sunday Morning Quilts.

And on the Christmas side of things I have received the following blocks (I took a break in December!):

Jessisca's Tree - November
Maxine's tree
As you can see, I do like trees so when my partner gives me free reign on the block choice I tend to sew up a Christmas tree for them!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful parade of fabulous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite the assortment! I had a lovely time perusing Etsy yesterday looking at all the vintage quilts and tops after see yours. I am always in great awe of the hand stitched quilts and tops.

      Delete

I love to read your comments and will always endeavour to reply. Thanks for visiting - I am truly delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...