Monday 16 June 2014

flip dolls and other toys {book}

We have a fantastic public library system where we live. In addition to books, magazines, dvd's and cd's our public libraries offer story time sessions for children, school holiday craft and activity sessions, internet access and photocopying facilities. All free of charge! Our particular local library has lovely staff members who are always friendly and willing to assist. And you know what else? If you would like to request a book that is not currently in the public library stock you may. Which is exactly what I did with this beautiful book.

This is a wonderful book that extends the regular softie into something that is interactive. Projects are rated according to difficulty.
Each project is truly delightful and refreshingly new. The author - Laura Wilson - is very clever who clearly understands children as well as crafters.

I love the zippers used for mouths.
 And the animals that have a little hidey hole for storing treasures.
 All the templates are provided at the back of the book.
 My absolute favourite projects are the inside-out dolls.
This knight can change into a dragon!

And this one changes from boy to super hero.
I haven't actually made any projects from this book, but I plan on borrowing it again, as it was so enjoyable to read. If I do have the need to make something for a child (maybe even my own!) I will be making something straight from the pages of Flip Dolls & Other Toys That Zip, Stack, Hide, Grab & Go.

4 comments:

  1. Wow...what an amazingly inventive book! I can see many a softie being made by you. Aren't libraries the most wonderful of places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great book! I love the toy computer and the zipper teeth!! I'm a huge fan of the library too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the zipper teeth, and that reversible dragon - how cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and will always endeavour to reply. Thanks for visiting - I am truly delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...