On Saturday Jed suffered a broken wrist while playing Australian Rules Football. His injury required some time in hospital, including a trip to theatre under a general anaesthetic to set the bones. While he was in theatre - which was late at night - I was at home busying myself with all sorts of things so as not to become a major worry wart.
I knew Jed was going to be fine (Tim was updating me regularly from the hospital), but I also know myself quite well by now and decided that a bit of sewing would be helpful.
Heidi recently posted a tutorial for making key pouches that I really wanted to try. So, Saturday night became the night for key pouches!
|Ready for stitching|
Heidi's tutorial is fabulous; clear and logical it was very easy to follow. Cutting out the fabric took the most amount of time. I went with a boy theme with these. No reason why, except that I tend to do more girly things than boy things so I thought I'd mix it up a bit.
I used a 7" zip for my two key pouches - that's what I had in my zipper box - but I would recommend going a bit longer (at least 8") to make it even easier.
Eli hasn't seen these yet, but I'm guessing he'll claim one when he does.
Oh, and Jed is fine! We go back to the hospital in a week for another xray and if all is well a fibreglass cast will be put on.
I am very, very thankful for the excellent medical treatment Jed received!