Monday 17 December 2012

A Kiss

This bag just looks like it is empty.
This morning was a little...turbulent. It is the second last day of school and also school concert day. Some teacher gifts are still in progress and children have been waking up at 5:30am each morning. Zoe has a tooth that should have fallen out days ago and Lily has a sore cheek. There was no bread for lunches and a funny smell coming from the crystal beads (little balls that swell up when water is added to them - they have now been disposed of!). There was a lot going on this morning and there was some grumpiness as a result!

When Eli insisted on taking his little 'I love Ollie' bag in the car to drop off older children at school I was more than happy for it to come with us. It was empty, but as long as Eli compliantly got in the car and allowed me to buckle him in I didn't mind if he wanted to wear a pair of undies on his head!

After dropping off the older three at school (and reassuring Zoe that I would bring her (left at home) white concert t-shirt later in the day and before the first performance) Eli and I proceeded to run some errands. As we were chatting I learned that the bag wasn't empty. Eli had put Daddy's kiss in it. So I cried a little, gave him a cuddle and thanked God for moments such as these.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I do love moments like these - they make all the difficult moments (and hard work!) melt away!

      Delete
  2. Awwwww, he is just too gorgeous for words <3

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and will always endeavour to reply. Thanks for visiting - I am truly delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...