Saturday 10 January 2015

finish along 2015 {q1}



I thoroughly enjoyed participating in last year's Finish Along hosted by Katy at The Littlest Thistle.

I was able to complete a number of projects that I know I wouldn't have finished if it weren't for my finish along list.

This year the Finish Along is being hosted by Adrianne at On the Windy Side.


2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


It's time for me to make my list of projects I would like to get finished during the first three months of 2015. So, here it is:

1.  My Trip Around the World. I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing this one, but it will probably stay on my list until it's done. So I should probably just finish it!

2.   This scrappy quilt for the boot of the car. It's ready for quilting. I think the slippery minky has been putting me off. I haven't used minky as a backing before.

 3. This scrappy blue, green and purple quilt. You've seen it before so there's no need to explain.
 
 4.  Lily's Star Wars quilt. I still have three characters to paper piece and then I'll start removing all the paper. My least favourite part of the process.

5.  The play tent for our table. I had hoped to have this ready to gift for Christmas. Oh well. Perhaps I'll tackle this one first so that it can be played with during the remainder of the school holidays.

6.  I popped this one on the list because it will be the fastest to finish. Zoe has been asking for a messenger bag for a long time. This is (nearly) it!
So there you have it. I have formally made my list. And I will start on it as soon as I have finished making some cushions for my niece...

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will have a busy year Jeneta,good luck with your finishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, there's always another project that gets in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you the best in reaching your goals. I moved a list of quilts from 2014 that didn't get done to my 2015. I really need a new plan of attack as I only got one quilt crossed off my list from 2014 that was completely finished. I made progress on the others so hopefully I will have amazing finishes this year. Have you ever tried paper piecing with freezer paper? There is no ripping off the paper! Basically you make your pattern from freezer paper. I use an old fashioned tracing wheel and go over each line on the pattern. The little perforations will help you fold the paper back. You do not sew on the paper. You use the same principles of paper piecing but instead of sewing on the line you fold the paper back and sew right next to the paper fold. Use your iron to press fabric #1 to the pattern. Fold the paper on the line between #1 and #2 . I like the Add a Quarter inch ruler. It has a little lip that you just put up right next to your paper and then trim off your extra fabric leaving a perfect 1/4 " seam allowance. Put the edge of fabric #2 on the edge of the seam allowance that has been cut for fabric #1 and sew right next to the paper. Sew beyond each line 1/4 ". Use your iron to press fabric to the #2 pattern section. As you press after each fabric is attached the freezer paper holds the fabric and pattern together. Fold back pattern on line between #2 and #3 . Trim your extra fabric using the Ruler. Place fabric #3 along edged of fabric piece#2 ...Sew and repeat process. I find doing paper piecing much more pleasant this way..... Freezer paper patterns can be used several times. Hoping this all makes sense. I am not sure if there are any videos available on the freezer paper process on-line. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oodles of lovely stitching there, Jeneta.....you'll get them all finished, of that I am certain. Lily's Star Wars quilt is amazing. It will look spectacular when it's completed! Happy finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck finishing these fun project. That table tent looks fun!! You've reminded me that I should get my scrappy trip out to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that play tent table cover is such a cool idea! I've not seen those before so I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lots of great projects there Jeneta - & no I'm not sick of seeing your Scrappy Trip (actually you just reminded me I need to bind mine!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and will always endeavour to reply. Thanks for visiting - I am truly delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...