Thursday 27 September 2012

Work In Progress






I recently finished this quilt top for Zoe's bed. It is called Merrily Mermaid and is from a range of quilt patterns from Hot Possum.

This is the second Hot Possum pattern I have used. The first was so easy to follow that I purchased a few more, with the aim of making each of my four children a quilt for their bed. This pattern is for a single (twin) bed, however I added extra borders to enlarge it to a king single. Hot Possum's patterns are extremely well set out and very easy to follow.
You have probably already noticed that the quilt top is made using simple appliqué. I used vliesofix to attach those enchanting creatures to the pieced backgrounds and then blanket stitched around them with embroidery thread.
I love this watery pink fabric - perfect for mermaids!
So...now I need to decide how to quilt it. I am determined to finish it before Christmas. Stay tuned!




3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute quilt! I also just wanted to let you know that for some reason you came up as a no-reply blogger when you commented on my blog this evening - not sure why that happened but just thought I'd let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

I love to read your comments and will always endeavour to reply. Thanks for visiting - I am truly delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...