Tuesday 11 September 2012

Poppy, Rosie and Charlie Brown


Meet our chickens - Poppy, Rosie and Charlie Brown. They supply us with a wonderful supply of fresh eggs and eat up all our kitchen scraps.

Chickens also make great pets!

Their poo is great for the garden, particularly the acidic soil loving blueberry bush I recently planted. I love using eggs collected from our own backyard - they really do taste extra good and the colour of the yolk is magnificent. The freedom of not having to consider how many eggs a recipe uses is also something that I am grateful for. Of course, this means I can bake things like this chocolate cherry pavlova!
Yes - it did taste as good as it looks!






1 comment:

  1. Hello Poppy, Rosie and Charlie Brown!!!

    Yummmmmm ... that pavlova looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and will always endeavour to reply. Thanks for visiting - I am truly delighted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...